Saturday, March 5, 2011

Everything I knew was wrong....................

I knew that Autism rocks, I just didn't know that it also spins, jumps, dances, runs, stares, screams, cries, and is nervous.  Until someone told me different, I thought that Autism was impersonal, cold, uncaring, and "normal."   Then along came Kurt, and now I know different.

Autism is normal!!!  It is also funny, caring, concerned, connected, light hearted, nervous, panicky, determined, very logical, and very, very concrete!!  If the autism says the moon is purple, it is, it was, and ever shall be purple.   If autism says that bread is poisonous, it is, was and ever shall be poisonous!!

Kurt has taught us alot about life and about autism.  I plan to use my blog just to share some of the things he has taught us along the way. And to tell a bit about his stories and ours.  I hope you enjoy and learn as much as we have.  I am glad to have you along on this journey with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment